If you are looking to hire a veteran for your company, there are several things to consider before making the commitment. Veterans have served their country and deserve the opportunity to work in any capacity they choose. But as with any candidate, it is important to ensure that you hire someone who will be a good fit within the organization. Here are twelve things hiring managers should consider when bringing on a new veteran employee:
1) Understanding what makes them tick and how they like to operate
2) What type of culture works best for them
3) How well do they work independently or collaboratively?
4) Will this person’s skills translate into success within your industry?
5) Are there other veterans at your company already